The Trust often works with local communities to help develop play areas, engaging with local people, adults and children, to make sure that have a greenspace which is appealing to the community, practical, well used and of course, high quality. Reoccurring ELGT programme outcomes include:
- Improving opportunities for play and adventure for children and young people
- Providing opportunities for healthy outdoor activities
- Promoting active travel and fitness
- Helping to improve mental and physical health and wellbeing
- Promoting greenspaces as places for everyone, for health, recreation, exploration and fun
Play is a significant part of the project programme and the Trust has recently delivered a number of significant play-related projects, including major capital improvements to various play areas, the refurbishment of a disused tennis courts to create 1 multi-use games area and landscaping to create a learn and discover area in Hailes Quarry Park.